Friday, March 09, 2007

Success Vs. Failure

Well, I just got back from another four day trip, and I see that I have to go to Tampa , Florida today. I'm only home for a few hours but I still wanted to blog anyway.

Sometimes I wonder, how people can be so excellent. I really would like to know. I have been meeting people that are so wonderful. They are young, have an amazing personality and excel at everything they do.

One of my friends, he was a television host on a Mexican Television station. Everyone who meets him falls in love with his personality. He is so smart, and sweed, and kind. Then another person I met on my last trip, is a makeup artist. He works in New York City and does high fashion shows. His Mother is a concert Pianist, and his sister who, like her brother is also in her 20's she is a surgeon.

What I wonder is, what causes some people to be so good, and so successful while some others want to be such miserable losers? You know the ones I mean. The ones that don't want to work, and leech off of the government and other people. Then they complain about the hand that they were dealt in life, when they actually chose it.

Now of course we reap what we sow. But what is it that makes people so different? What is it that motivates some people to be lazy? What it is that motivates some people to want to succeed?

There are plenty of people who rose out of poverty and abuse to become successful. Just look at Oprah Winfrey. She grew up in the ghetto and was sexually abused. Now she is the richest woman in America who helps millions of others.

We all have the same opportunity. We can choose to be successful or not. We are all responsible for our own future.

Of course there are some people in this world who do not have a choice. I am not talking about them. I am talking about the people who have opportunity but choose not to take it.

I don't get it, I guess I never will, but I do find it so interesting.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go