Monday, January 15, 2007

Dregs Of Society

Usually, I always like to see the positives in a situation. Usually. Lately I am seeing the negatives. I'm thinking I have to point them out, so I can move on to being positive again.

I've had more dreams of my death this month, than I've ever had in my life. I was hanged in my dreams just days after Saddam Hussein was hanged in real life.

Quite a few young boys are now dead throughout the world, after immitating his execution. They actually saw broadcasts of it, I only heard about it, and still had nightmares.

By the eighth day of 2007, both New Orleans, LA and Baltimore, MD already had nine murders.

I watched a guy stealing from a store Friday night, and I would have reported him, but he was too scary, and kept watching me. I didn't feel safe inside the store. I had to jump into my car and drive away. I'm pretty sure he wanted to rob me too. He tried hiding behind a pillar, while I was getting into my car. Now that I think of it, I should have called 911, but I couldn't think of it at the time. The way he was looking at me sent chills down my spine, all I could do was flee.

My neighbors allow their fourteen year old daughters boyfriend to spend the night. Every night. I think he lives there now. I know he beats her, I've heard her crying for help. I also know he beats her while the mother is home. I guess she feels like she doesn't have to beat the kid if the boyfriend does it. I feel helpless, like there is nothing I can do about it. There are two girls there, one fourteen and one seventeen, but neither of them go to school. The mom says they are home schooled. I don't believe it. The mother does not work, she just collects money from the government. A lot of people in this country do that, people who are completely able to work. Instead of working, they take take take.

I see these people who cannot contribute to society, and it's this hideous cycle. The worst part is, for them it is normal to act this way. I wish there was something I could do. It's so confusing for me, you know when you get involved and try to help someone it usually blows up in your face.

Last night, Fredi and I went out to dinner. While we were waiting for our table, two people who were morbidly obese people walked into the restaurant. A woman, on her way out started pointing and laughing. She was so loud and obnoxious. After she got out the door, I looked at Fredi and said, "She was really ugly and we didn't point and laugh. Some people are so rude." Maybe that wasn't the nicest thing to say, but I had to say something.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go