Thursday, January 18, 2007

An Italian without pasta no more.

Last night I cooked a dinner that got me another marriage proposal. I'm so excited! Not about the marriage proposal, but about the dinner.

Let me start from the beginning. I love to cook, and I really like to eat, but I have so many food allergies. I'm only allergic to crap that isn't good for me. If I eat sugar, I get a terrible headache. I know my limits, I can have some sugar, so I try and be careful.

I'm Italian and I can't eat bread, pasta, or pizza because if I do, for the next three to five days (depending on how much of it I ate) my arms will fall asleep, and my hands and feet itch like crazy. It takes me five minutes to get out of bed in the morning because I have to slap my arms until I have feeling in them again. You should see me try and turn off the alarm!

It's strange, I know, but, I don't go to the doctor about it, because I know it is my bodies way of telling me to eat healthy or it will go on strike. It keeps me accountable for my eating habits.

Yesterday, I finally found pasta that I can eat! I have found other pasta before, but none that tasted good. This is brown rice Thai pasta, it's shaped like linguine, and I think it tastes better than semolina pasta. I was so excited when I woke up this morning when I had complete feeling in my arms. Yay! Pasta that tasted good was good for me. It's a miracle.

I'm still not going to eat pasta too much, because my sauce has about 1000 calories in it, but when I do eat pasta, I won't have to suffer.

Now, if I can just find a way to make pizza that tastes good, my life would be complete.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go