Saturday, August 06, 2005

Box Office Slump

All I keep hearing about this summmer is how poorly the movie industry is doing.

What I cannot understand is why these people are so perplexed about it. Sure, gas is expensive, and I can watch a DVD. But the truth is, I am not an idiot. I don't feel like paying $10 for trash. I'm certainly not paying that times three for my family to see it. As a matter of fact, I'm not taking my kid to the movies at all.

These "Hollywood People" are glamorizing, murder, drugs, alcohol, sex, infidelity, and stupidity.

With all the heartache in this world, I would like to go watch an uplifting movie with some moral content. I don't want to see a bunch of bumbling fools make drug references and listen to foul language.

With TV shows dominating the summer ratings like ABC’s Brat Camp, or shows like American Idol, can't they see the public wants to see a happy ending? We want to see people become better. We want to see drugs and promiscuous behavior discouraged. Lets show the kids what happens when you break the rules. Just because it feels good now doesn't mean it won't hurt later.

How well did Mel Gibson do with The Passion of Christ? That's the kind of stuff we want.

Like it or not, movies are inspirational. We become inspired by what we see in films.

Often times I wonder, the twisted mind that creates some of this garbage, why is it tolerated? Every day people act this stuff out in real life and get arrested. Lives are ruined. Movie producers create the same stuff and win awards. The insanity of it all.

Everyone wants to know, Why am I here? And, What is my purpose? When "Hollywood People" start heading their movies in that direction I think it would be the end of the "Box Office Slump".

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go