Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Life according to Paris Hilton

Mark Twain said "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."

Stay with me here, but I'm starting to think Paris Hilton is putting us on. Paris Hilton a genius? If she's not a genius, she is one in her life that is for sure.

This girl pays for nothing, gets whatever she wants, is paid $250,000 to walk through a club, and always comes out of bad situations smelling like a rose. Take that sex tape scandal, she turned that around by getting a piece of the action and then donating all of the proceeds to charity. Brilliant move. Get control, and then turn the situation around for good.

I checked out a few pages of her book, Confessions of an Heiress. Now granted, it is a lot of pictures. According to Paris, people want more pictures and less words. Well, they do, when it comes to Paris Hilton anyway.

Something that struck me as smart was when she said in her book "If you follow your own plans and dreams and you don't let anyone talk you out of them, then you'll start to get the hang of being an heiress...All you need after that is a good handbag, a great pose, and very high heels, and you're on your way. (Long blonde hair doesn't hurt, either.)".

What she is saying basically, is that if you believe in yourself, then others will start to believe in you too. But it all starts with you controlling how people perceive you. If she was with me right now she would probably say, "yeah, what she said" in her baby falsetto voice.

The jury is still out on Jessica Simpson...

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go