Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Biggest Celebrity Moment Of 2005?



Why the Tom Cruise couch jump of course! I have to say, I never really liked Tom Cruise before this year.

I remember watching Oprah that day thinking, "This guy is making me very uncomfortable, yet it's strangely fascinating."

I didn't like Tom Cruise because everyone worshipped him. I just saw him as a guy. Even I have to admit the way he shook up Hollywood this year was amazing.

He made so many people so uncomfortable without even doing anything so horrible.

Actors get arrested all the time and no one so much as bats an eye. A jump on a couch and shaking Oprah a few times and this guy is labeled a lunatic.

I respect when people can stand up for what they believe in even if it goes against the majority.

Tom Cruise also caused quite a stir during an interview with Matt Lauer when he put down Brooke Shields for her use of anti-depressants. Brooke Shields fired back saying his comments were dangerous.

Since when do people trust actors with medical advice? I mean, if he did a commercial and said, "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV" and then spoke against the drugs wearing a white overcoat, maybe some people would take his advice.

But he didn't, and again Hollywood acts as if we the people are some inferior humans who can't think for ourselves and take everything they feed us as gospel.

For this event that marked the beginning of Tom Cruise's fall from grace, I deem Tom Cruise's Couch Jump "The Biggest Celebrity Moment of 2005".

Technorati Tags:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go