Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rich Dad, Poor Dad - My Review

This is one of my favorite books. Rich Dad Poor Dad, by Robert T. Kioyosaki. "What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money - That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!"

I first read this book one year ago. I am in the process of reading it again. I have pretty much destroyed the book from all of my highlighting and underlining.

I would seriously pay $50 for this book, and realize I got a bargain. The list price is $16.95.

This book turned on a light for me. I learned that the rich don't work for money, rather their money works for them. Robert Kiyosaki put some ideas into my head. He said to always look for a good investment, to notice things.

When I made an offer on a property, everyone told me I would never get it. My offer was just too low.

My realtor told me I was going to lose the property and it was already "priced to sell". I was told I needed to make a higher offer if I really wanted it.

Funny thing is, I didn't listen and now I am closing on that property at the end of next month.

I kept my eyes and ears open, and now I will own my first investment property at a bargain!

I advise anyone who is serious about getting out of the "rat race" to give this book a try. It would have taken me a lifetime, possibly two to get the information that Mr. Kiyosaki spent his life learning.

The road to financial freedom is a long one, but I think I am going to enjoy the journey. One investment property does not make me a millionaire, but what I learn and apply can.



If you would like to learn more about Robert Kiyosaki you can read his column at Yahoo! Finance or visit his website richdad.com.

Technorati Tags:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go