Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What Would Jesus Do?

I know there are a lot of Christians outraged at George and Laura Bush's Christmas Card this year.

I too am a Christian, so I'd like to set the record straight. I am in no way offended by the Whitehouse Christmas Card. The card this year has a more somber tone. Well, we are at war people.

The scripture inside, Psalm 28:7

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
In Him my heart trusts;
So I am helped, and my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to Him.


I think it's beautiful. I never "X" Christ out of Christmas. OK, so the President said "Holiday Season" instead of "Christmas". Personally, I didn't mind.

I celebrate Jesus every day of the year. Besides, He was born in October.

We need to spend our time acting the way Jesus would. Pick your battles.

Where were those outraged Christians when the Ten Commandments were taken out of our public schools?

The passion is there, but instead of flinging mud at your fellow Christians, get into the trenches and fight the real fight. The one for our Children. Leave the President alone, he has a war to fight.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go