Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I may sound glib, but I'm malingering

I subscribe to The Word of The Day from dictionary.com. I have always been fascinated with knowing the exact definition of a word.

The other day the word of the day was malinger. It is a verb that means "to pretend incapacity or illness to avoid a duty or work." How nice of someone to invent a word that sounds like a sickness. Hey boss, I can't come into work today. What's wrong? I have a bad case of malinger.

When I watched the now infamous interview between Tom Cruise and Matt Lauer, Tom told Matt he was glib. Glib means to show little thought or preparation. How often do we have to consult a dictionary when a celebrity speaks? That in itself was impressive.

With Thanksgiving Day tomorrow, I'm already in the relaxation spirit and I suspect that I am not alone. Happy Thanksgiving.

Technorati Tags:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go

Blog Archive