Friday, November 11, 2005

I Told A Lady Having A Heart Attack To GO FOR IT!

I felt like crying for about an hour after that. I didn't know she was clutching her chest from a heart attack. Let me start from the beginning.

I was at work, as usual. I had my first potential customer of the day. I was explaining the same concept over and over to him. He was one of those loud talkers. You know the type, they want attention so they talk really loud to look important. As I'm with Mr. Loud Talker, this woman, is hunched over and motions to my chair. I say "Go For It" to her. I thought she wanted to rest on it because she was exercising. We have a lot of walkers here in the mall.

The next thing I know, my phone rings. I'm thinking it's a potential sale. I say, "excuse me for just a moment" to Mr. Loud talker. Mr. Loud Talker walks away, the phone was a wrong number and the next thing I know the paramedics are there because this woman is having a heart attack!

I'm like, excuse me for being so self centered. I felt so bad. I guess it could have been worse, when she wanted to rest on my chair, I could have told her no.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go

Blog Archive