Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's Election Day! (finally)

Whew, Election Day is finally upon us. The campaign process is so exhausting, and I was just a spectator. Before I'm off to the polls, I'd like to share a blonde moment I had a few years ago. Now I can call it a Paris Hilton moment.

One thing about me, I hate confrontation. But, for some reason, when it comes to politics I'm in your face. Probably because I keep myself educated on politics and the people I usually butt heads don't know the whole story. Anyway, my friends historically have been liberals. Just because it's trendy, trust me on that one. I'm a conservative, which is so not trendy but who cares.

Back when I first was able to register to vote, I wasn't as informed as I am today. I was still opinionated of course. I voted in my first election, and then four years later, I was going to vote again. I had arguments with my friends, I didn't agree with their candidate or his views. We had some heated debates during that Presidential Campaign.

I couldn't wait to vote, I marched into the firehouse (yes, the firehouse this is Pennsylvania) and I couldn't vote! I told them I was registered. They kind of laughed at me because you can't stay registered if you don't vote every two years. I went home with my tail between my legs and vowed never to miss an opportunity to vote.

On that note, I'm off to the polls! Where I live now, I vote in a church. So I get to vote and buy homemade Pennsylvania Dutch food. Not a bad gig.

Get out and vote!

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go

Blog Archive