Friday, October 07, 2005

Fire Marshall Mom


My Mother has always been a lunatic. I say that in the nicest possible way. If you have read my previous posts, you may know she hasn't spoken to me in five years. Every now and then I would like to reminisce about her so that I can remember I still do have a Mom.

I was so thankful when In Living Color came out. Remember Jim Carrey as Fire Marshall Bill? My Mother would contort her face the way Jim Carrey would, except her lines were "I can't take it! I can't take it!" She would scream that and contort her face. After Jim Carrey was doing that schtick, when my Mother would freak out I would just start to laugh. Then she would do it more and say "You are making me crazy!" And I would laugh even harder because in my head I'd be thinking, "Making you? You already ARE!" Only in my head of course because I am somewhat respectful. However, I would then be roaring with laughter picturing her in a Firemans Hat. Well that would reduce her to tears and I would have to hug her, and tell her it was all my fault.

After Jim Carrey became even more popular, I then could say "ALLRIGHTY THEN!" When she would have her outbursts. She had no idea what I was doing.

One day my cousin Jenna was there when my Mom did the I can't take it bit. My cousin was in shock. After I said "Well allrighty then" Jenna started rolling on the floor saying she does look like Jim Carrey! From then on my Mothers secret nickname was Jim Scarrey.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!
Blog Archive

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go

Blog Archive