Friday, October 21, 2005

Um, I'm sorry sir, but I'm not one of the products

Today I got hit on at work. It's strange enough when you get hit on by a dude when you are engaged to be married. When you're working, it's double strange. After you gave him your phone number it's triple strange.

What tends to creep me out is when I spend my time with a person under the assumption they are interested in my company's products or services, only to find out at the end, they really just wanted my phone number.

It's really touchy with my job because I always have to give out my business card which includes my cell phone number. My livelihood depends on it. So it gets quadruple strange when a "customer" calls me for a date when I'm with my fiance Fredi. I have to keep my cool and be professional, but I have a personal life too and need to be respectful. As part of my job, I have to be on call from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM seven days a week.

So Fredi sits there and has no idea someone is asking me on a date. I'm turning red faced and squirming trying to tactfully turn the guy down.

In the end I always explain it to Fredi and he is fine with it. He knows how I am and that he is the only one for me, but that doesn't make it any less uncomfortable.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Welcome

I wear my embarrassing moments on my sleeve. Thanks for stopping by!
Blog Archive

My Current Fixation:

Making The World A Better Place
One nice word, and one smile at a time. - Deanna

Want to Hear me tell the stories?

Things That Make You Go Hmm, To Go

Blog Archive